WINTER SPORTS AND EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
As most of you know, the Ross County Health District issued a Winter Sports/Extra Curricular Activity Recommendation to postpone all activities until January 4, 2021. All of the Ross County schools met with the Ross County Health District to discuss this recommendation. First, we respect this recommendation, but, as school leaders felt compelled to do everything possible to keep our kids participating while keeping all safe as possible. It was unanimous among the districts in Ross County to move forward with the following stipulations and guidelines to compromise with the Ross County Health District recommendation. Paint Valley will be continuing our Winter Sports and Extra Curricular activities with the following rules and regulations:
- Youth Sports (Pee Wee) are postponed until January 4th. This includes both games and practices.
- Grades 7-12 will move forward with their respective game schedules.
- Masks are required to attend and must be worn at all times. No exceptions.
- Cheer squads for home games only, limited to eight (8) cheerleaders and one (1) coach.
- Each participant/player will receive two (2) reusable passes for attendees, with social distance seating. EACH PARTICIPANT/PLAYER WILL ONLY GET TWO (2) REUSABLE PASSES FOR THE SEASON THAT MUST BE PRESENTED AT EACH GAME TO PURCHASE ADMISSION.
- No additional spectators permitted.
- No concessions permitted or food/drink.
- No pep bands permitted.
This may not be the perfect plan, but we wanted to keep our kids active and also respect the Ross County Health District recommendation.